Friday, February 23, 2018

CT Scan Update #2 and Delayed Admission

Caroline's platelet levels were too low to be admitted today for chemo - round 5.  We will try again next Thursday, when her body has had time to naturally get her levels up.

While we were at her blood draw/admission appointment, we met with Caroline's oncology team regarding clarity on the original and most recent CT Scan results, side-by-side.  They main tumor shrunk significantly, and is no longer encasing her aorta.  The doctors confirmed that this is adequate progress for this stage in her protocol.  We will be meeting with Caroline's surgeon on Thursday to determine if her tumor is operable at this point...and if so, when.

We also discussed their concerns from the CT Scan about the compression fractures in her back, which are still present, and have worsened slightly.  They will be meeting with the Chief of Pediatric Neurosurgery on Monday, to determine next steps for stabilizing her spine throughout the remainder of her (long) treatment, if necessary.  In the meantime, we will do our best to keep this little monkey from getting too wild with her fractured back!

Thank you for your continued thoughts and prayers - especially these past few days, during the uncertainty of the CT Scan results.

Fundraiser t-shirts are still on sale through March 11th - click here to purchase.

Have a great weekend!
The Lantz Family

Still getting her antibiotic from the fever last week...creative way to carry it around! 

She WAS ready to conquer round 5...maybe next week!


  1. Caroline is such a WARRIOR of light!! Continued love and prayers to the entire Lantz family!

  2. 🙏❤️😘🙏❤️😘🙏

  3. Love her kitty cat pants! ��Thinking of your family and beautiful Caroline daily.

  4. Continued prayers from the Patterson family for this little stick of dynamite! She is precious in every single way. Love you guys.