Caroline and Margaret will check into the hospital early Monday morning for approximately 30 inpatient days. The team is hoping to start the high-dose chemo by mid-morning on Monday. Here is the schedule for the extended stay, as well as info for visitors:
- Monday, 5/14: High-Dose Chemo, type #1 (requires baths every 6 hours, around the clock, to prevent skin burn)
- Tuesday, 5/15: High-Dose Chemo, type #1 (requires baths every 6 hours, around the clock, to prevent skin burn)
- Wednesday, 5/16: High-Dose Chemo, types #1 AND #2 (requires baths every 6 hours, around the clock, to prevent skin burn) **this is expected to be the worst chemo day during this cycle, because she will be receiving both types of chemo on the same day**
- Thursday, 5/17: High-Dose Chemo, type #2 (baths every 12 hours, to prevent skin burn)
- Friday, 5/18: High-Dose Chemo, type #2
- Saturday, 5/19: High-Dose Chemo, type #2
- Sunday, 5/20: Rest
- Monday, 5/21: Stem Cell Transplant Day!
- Tuesday, 5/22 and beyond: Neupogen shots daily until ANC (neutrophils) is above 500 for 3 days in a row, and then remain inpatient, isolated for approximately 21 days, or until her ANC and blood counts recover to safe levels for discharge.
We will know the bone marrow results by Monday, but the MIBG scan news is giving us renewed energy and hope!
Today is the last day to purchase this batch of t-shirts. Click here to order.
Thank you for your continued support for our family...we're ready for the next phase!